This Policy applies to personal information we collect about consumers who use lendstreet.com (the “Site”), our products and services (collectively, our “Services”). Click here for a printable version of the LendStreet Privacy Notice, which contains information regarding how we use and share personal information about our U.S. consumers.
Information We Collect
We obtain certain personal information about consumers in connection with our Services. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number);
- Social Security number, national identifier or other government-issued identification number;
- Demographic information (such as date of birth, gender, and marital status);
- Background and business information (such as information about your job title and position, employer, salary, income, expenses, family, and home ownership);
- Information related to your applications, transactions and finances (such as your loan number; loan amount; payment information and history; financial account information, including bank account number and transactions data; mortgage statements; tax information and documents; event notifications; credit information and history, including credit reports);
- Information used to create and maintain your online account and other account-related information (such as email address and password); and
- Other personal information you submit to us such as information you provide to us through emails, surveys, registrations, testimonials, the “Contact” feature on the Site, and other forms and documents you send us.
We obtain personal information you submit to us, such as when you open an account, pay us by check, provide account information, or give us your contact information. Some of the information you provide through our Site is required and some is optional. For example, we require loan applicants to supply certain personal information to register with LendStreet and to apply for loans. We will prompt you if you attempt to continue in an interaction without providing necessary information.
Subject to applicable law, we also may obtain some information about you from third parties. For example, when you apply for a loan, we may obtain certain information about you from third parties, such as credit reports from consumer reporting agencies, bank account information from your financial institutions, and reports from identity-verification and fraud-detection agencies.
We also may obtain other information about you, your devices, and your use of our Services in ways that we describe at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit our Site, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address and the geographical location associated with it, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our Services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, dates and times of visits to our Site, your interaction with our Site’s form fields, buttons, and other interactive design elements, and the movement of your cursor. This information helps us remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, understand how you use and interact with our Site, tailor the Site around your preferences, measure the usability of our Site and the effectiveness of our communications, otherwise manage and enhance our Site, and help ensure our Site is working properly.
Through the Site, we also may obtain personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party apps, websites, devices and other online services. We use third-party online analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics and the Facebook Pixel. The service providers that administer these analytics services use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP address) to evaluate, for example, use of our Site and to diagnose technical issues. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, please
visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and
You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all Site features. The Site is does not respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Process, evaluate, respond to and fulfill applications, requests and inquiries we receive in connection with our Services, such as evaluating eligibility for a loan and assessing creditworthiness and your overall financial situation;
- Verify your identity and age so you may access your account or use certain Services;
- Create and manage your account, including communicating with you about your account and transactions, requesting information or assistance, submitting a loan request, making payments, and transferring funds;
- Personalize your experience with our Services (such as to tailor content and information we may communicate to you on the Site or in emails);
- Provide customer and technical support;
- Communicate about and administer our events, surveys, programs, and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- Communicate with you about third-party service providers and partners that we believe may offer helpful products or services, to notify you of new products and services that we are offering, and to invite you to participate in our research activities;
- Contact you about your transactions on the Site, updates to and changes in your status (such as when you are approved for a loan), for legal or security purposes, and changes to legal agreements or Site Policies;
- Conduct research and data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, data aggregation and anonymization, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including administering, enhancing and improving our Services; developing new products; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Services, network, information, customers, employees and others.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice and obtain your consent if required by applicable law. We may combine information we obtain about you (such as through the Site or from third parties) for the purposes described above.
Information We Share
- We may share information about you with service providers we have retained to perform services for us or on our behalf (such as payment and wire transfer processing, customer support, and data analytics). We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We share your data with third parties that are involved in the process of providing our Services, including lenders, consumer service providers, and other financial services companies, such as credit counseling companies, credit reporting agencies, financial advisors, and collection agencies.
- We share information to allow third parties to market to you and offer you products and services that we believe may improve your financial situation. If you decide to accept their products or services, the third party may compensate LendStreet for facilitating the connection.
- We may share your information with research organizations or non-profit organizations, designed to further our mission of delivering financial health.
- We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with legal requests; (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, resolve disputes or comply with our legal obligations; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Click here for further information in the LendStreet Privacy Notice about the purposes for which we share your information and how you can control our sharing.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Through the Site, both we and certain third parties may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messaging to users considering demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context. These networks track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of browser cookies, device identifiers and other similar technologies. The networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites and apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing and app usage activities. The information our ad networks may collect includes data about users’ visits to websites and apps that participate in the relevant ad networks, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This data collection takes place both on the Site and on third-party websites and apps that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
How We Protect Personal Information
At LendStreet, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Children’s Personal Information
Links to Other Sites and Third-Party Features
Our Site may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets, and plug-ins (such as Facebook and Twitter buttons). These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of those parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, LendStreet is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How To Contact Us
For additional information, or if you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send questions or comments to:
Lend Street Financial, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Department
610 16th Street, Suite 520
Oakland, CA 94612
LendStreet Privacy Notice
What does LendStreet Do with your Personal Information?
Why? Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information.
Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Credit card or other debt and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
- Account balances and transaction history
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons LendStreet chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons for sharing your personal information||Does LendStreet share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||YES||NO|
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you||YES||YES|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||YES||YES|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||YES||NO|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness||YES||YES|
|For our affiliates to market to you||YES||YES|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||YES||YES|
To limit our sharing
Call (888) 412-8929 — our menu will prompt you through your choice(s) or visit us online: www.lendstreet.com or contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Do you have a question? Call (888) 412-8929 or go to www.lendstreet.com
Call us at (888) 412-8929 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
Who is providing this notice? Lend Street Financial, Inc.
What We Do
How does LendStreet protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does LendStreet collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or pay us by check
- Provide account information or give us your contact information
- Apply for a loan
- Show your government-issued ID or show your driver’s license
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliate companies to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account – unless you tell us otherwise.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Our affiliates include Rebound Financial, LLC, and various subsidiaries used to hold groups of investments.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Non-affiliates we share with can include other financial services companies, lenders, insurance companies, retailers, membership clubs, or other consumer service providers.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include lenders; consumer service providers; and other financial services companies, such as debt settlement companies, credit counseling companies, financial advisors, and debt collectors.
Other important information
For California residents
We will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by California law, such as with your consent or to process your transactions or to maintain your account. We will limit sharing with our affiliates to the extent required by California law.
For Vermont residents
We will not share information we collect about you with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as with your consent or to service your account. We will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates except with your authorization.
For Nevada residents
We provide you this notice under Nevada state law. You may be placed on our internal Do-Not-Call List by calling us at (888) 412-8929, emailing us at email@example.com, or writing us at:
Lend Street Financial, Inc.
Attn: Compliance Department
610 16th Street, Suite 520
Oakland, CA 94612
Nevada law also requires us to provide you the following to obtain additional information:
Office of the Attorney General
100 North Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701